How to Make a Hello Spring Aperture Card
Take a look at the tutorial below to find out how to make your own ‘Hello Spring’ aperture card. Dovecraft » have a brand new collection for spring, and we’re so excited to show you the gorgeous papers and embellishments that we’re stocking this Easter!
- Dovecraft 6 x 6 inch Window Cut Cards and Envelopes »
- Vellum Paper »
- Fine Line Uni Drawing Pen »
- Dovecraft Hello Spring 6 x 6 inch Patterned Paper Pack »
- Dovecraft Hello Spring 6 x 6 inch Coloured Paper Pack »
- Dovecraft Hello Spring Puffy Stickers »
- Trim down a sheet of pale peach ‘Hello Spring’ paper, to mat onto the inside of an aperture cut card. Leaving a thin white boarder around the edge, glue in place.
2. Trim down a sheet of peach ‘Hello Spring’ paper, to mat onto the front of the card. Leaving a white border around the edge. Roughly cut out the aperture. Leave to one side.
3. Trim down a sheet of floral ‘Hello Spring’ paper, to mat on top of the peach layer. Leaving a thin peach border around the edge. Hold in place, draw around the aperture on the reverse, and cut out. Leave to one side.
4. Download the greeting template and transfer onto tracing paper with a pencil. Once happy with the design, draw over the greeting with a black fine liner. Trim to fit onto the card front leaving a border around the edge. Glue in place.
5. Now glue down the peach layer over the vellum. Do the same with the floral layer.
6. Back a few floral stickers onto white paper and fix them onto the card front around the aperture using 3D foam pads. Back the two heart stickers and fix in place using a double layer of 3D foam pads where necessary.
We’re always keen to see your crafts, so tag us @hobbycrafthq on Instagram, or @hobbycraft on Twitter using the #MakeItSpring hashtag.