How to Make a Heat Embossed Christmas Card
We love a handmade heat embossed card – armed with some of your favorite stamps and embossing ink pad, there’s no end to the designs that can be created! It’s a great technique for adding a bit of glitz to your festive card designs, particularly stamped greetings.
In order to melt the embossing powder you’ll need your trusty heat tool on hand, make sure to keep your tool moving over the image to avoid overheating the powder and scorching your paper.
- White 5 x 7″ Card Blanks »
- Little Red Robin 8 x 8″ Patterned Paper Pad »
- Ho Ho Ho Wooden Stamp »
- Alphabet Stamps »
- Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Embossing Powder Set »
- Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Embossing Powder Set »
- Sizzix Clear Embossing Ink Pad »
- 8 x 8″ Coloured Cardstock »
- Holly Jolly Christmas Santa Mini Die »
- Small Star Craft Punch »
1. Cover the entire front of a 5 x 7” white card blank using patterned paper from the Little Red Robin paper pack.
2. Layer a white cardstock panel onto a red cardstock panel trimmed to 11 x 16cm then fix the panel to the card front using 3d foam pads.
3. Trim a 9 x 10cm panel of patterned paper followed by a panel of cardstock the same size then glue the two together creating a sturdy panel.
4. Fix a strip of different patterned paper diagonally and vertically onto the panel created in step three, attach the panel to the card front using more 3d foam pads.
5. Draw and cut out the bow using the template then fix in place on the present top.
6. Die cut the Holly Jolly Santa into red cardstock, followed by white then pink and lastly black. Starting with the red die cut as the base, build up the features to form the Santa embellishment.
7. Stamp out the ‘Ho Ho Ho’ using clear embossing ink then sprinkle with the Cosmic Chimmer gold glitter embossing powder, set with a heat tool then very quickly sprinkle more cosmic shimmer on top then set again creating a double heat embossed sentiment.
8. Use the bauble alphabet stamps to emboss the Merry Christmas sentiment using the clear embossing ink and cosmic shimmer gold embossing powder but this time only emboss the once.
9. Attach both sentiments across the front using more 3d foam pads, fix the Father Christmas in place at the top then finish of with three punched red stars.