How to Style a Hanging Star Decoration
This year, why not create a set of minimal, hand lettered stars for an elegant, understated tree? There are so many ways to decorate these blank ceramic stars, and the best thing is that 50p from each decoration will go towards Together for Short Lives.
Minimal Calligraphy Star
1. Coat the star decoration in acrylic paint. You may need to paint several layers in order to get an even coverage.
2. Using a pencil, draw or trace the word “shine” onto the decoration. Try not to apply too much pressure, as an mistakes at this stage can be erased by rubbing out the pencil!
3. Re-trace your pencil lines with the red fineliner pen. Erase any stray pencil lines.
4. If you want to, you can go back over your design with the pen to vary the width of your lines and create a calligraphy like style.
Hand Stamped Star
1. Choose an ink pad in a colour of your choice, and an alphabet stamp set of your choice.
2. Choose what you would like to write
3. Press the stamp down lightly on the ink pad, wiping away any excess ink around the edges
4. Press the stamp down lightly on the star – try to ensure you leave enough room for the other letters!
5. Leave to dry
Topper Decoration Star
1. Select a topper of your choice – we have used stars
2. Use a glue gun or glue dots to stick the toppers to the star
Top tip! Try to evenly space the stars for an effective, well put together look.