How to Make a Hand Cut Foliage Wreath
It’s easy to create an effective paper cut wreath without using a die cutting machine! Simply download the free template and cut with a craft knife, creating a beautiful decoration for your home.
- Polystyrene Circle 20cm »
- Selection of different Green Cardstocks »
- Tacky Glue »
- Pegs »
- Green Masking Tape »
- Green Paint »
1. Print the templates on the green papers using a printer. The templates are mirrored horizontally, which means that if you make a mistake during printing it doesn’t matter as that is the back of the leaf – it won’t be visible in the final design.
2. Cover the white foam with green tape. I used green masking tape for painting the walls, but if you don’t have that you can just paint it green.
3. Start applying the leaves to the wreath base. I’d suggest starting with the bigger leaves, as these cover more of the wreath and act as a good base.
4. Leaf by leaf continue to cover the rest of the wreath base leaving the smaller leaves until last.
Top tip: To achieve a dimensional wreath design, secure the foliage to the wreath design at the base of the piece rather than along the whole length. This will allow the foliage to sit on top of any foliage underneath it and makes it easier to manipulate when securing other pieces of foliage around it.
5. Voila! You have a spring wreath for decorating the inside of your home this spring!