How to Make a Halloween Spooky Spell Book
Get creative this Halloween by making your very own creepy spell books! This paper maché project is the perfect way to add some spooky décor to your home.
An old book
1. Begin by preparing your work surfaces and heating up your glue gun. When fully heated, you are ready to start gluing your desired design on the surface of the book. Set aside to dry.
3. When the glue is completely dry, take some damp kitchen roll and lay it over the book. (It should be lightly damp and not dripping wet.)
4. Using the Mod Podge, carefully glue the entire surface on the book. Use the end of your paint brush to push the damp paper towel into place and into the crevices.
5. Set aside to dry for an hour. When the first side of the book is dry, turn it over and repeat the same process on the other side.
6. Mix the paint colours you would like to use. Opt for a black, grey and brown colour palette for a dark gothic look. Paint the entire book with your desired base colour. Set aside to dry again.
7. When your book is completely dry, start adding detail such as the antique gold embossment.
8. Cut out small rectangles from the Ivory Hammered Card to create book labels and a fine tip pen to entitle your book.
9. You can age the pages and label of your book with watered down brown paint. Alternatively, you can use dampened tea bags to do this too.
Top tip! Why not try a few different designs and create your own spooky library.