How to Make a Halloween Pom Pom Garland
Let’s get spooky! Follow this simple step-by-step tutorial by The Poncy Pantry and learn how to create this pumpkin, spider and ghost tassel garland ready for Halloween!
Pumpkin Pom Poms
1. To make your pumpkin pom-poms, begin by wrapping the orange wool around a large book approximately 100 times. The more times you wrap the wool around the book the denser the pom-pom will be.
2. Carefully slide the wool off of the book and hold on to one end so that it stays in a loop.Using the same wool, tie around the loop four times to create a wreath.
3. Using the same wool, tie around the loop four times to create a wreath.
4. Cut the loop of wool on the left and right side of where the wool is tied. You should have four woolly bows which when you pick up should form a pom-pom.
5. After you have assembled your pom-pom, thread a piece of green wool through the tied yarn and tie into a bow or double knot it.
6. Trim the wool to create a more rounded shape.
7. Thread another piece of twine or yarn through the tied section of the pumpkin so it is ready to hang on the garland.
Spider Pom Poms
8. To create the spiders, use the exact same technique as the pumpkins but using the black wool instead. For the legs, cut black pipe cleaners in half and thread through the tied section, bending them at the end to face down.
Ghost Pom Poms
9. To create the white tassel for your ghosts, tie the white wool around a smaller book 60 times.
10. Carefully slide the loop off of the book and tie one end with a piece of white yarn. Cut the untied end to create a tassel.
11. Tie another piece of yarn around the head of the tassel and double knot to secure it in place. Trim the ends so they are all symmetrical.
12. After you have attached your twine to the tops of all your pumpkins, ghosts and spiders, attach them to a long piece of twine to create your garland.
13. Hang your garland by the fire place, up the stairs or by the window.