How to Make a Halloween ‘BOO’ Wall Hanging
Make your home decor look the part this Halloween by creating a rustic Halloween wall hanging with just a few products available online and in store at Hobbycraft! Follow this simple step-by-step tutorial by The Poncy Pantry to see how to make your own.
1. Begin by painting all the letters with the black acrylic paint. Focus on covering the entire letter, including all the corners and crevices that are hard to get to.
2. Set aside to dry for 30 minutes before painting the other side. Once both sides are finished, leave to dry for an additional 30 minutes. These may need two coats of paint.
3. When your letters are completely dry, apply a small amount of the White Chalk Paint to your brush and dab it around the edges of the letters to create a warn and dusty effect.
4. Set the letters aside to completely dry for 10 minutes.
5. Cut a foot-long length of raffia and roughly paint them with the black acrylic paint.
6. Twist the raffia with the White Wash Curly Moss and cut them into three parts. Make one part slightly longer than the other two, as this will make the bow as the top of your wall hanging.
7. Tie the raffia and moss around each letter and tie in place. Create a large bow at the top of the letter B.
8. You can hang your wall wreath up on a wall or door. You can do this by threading a piece string or left over raffia through the top.