How to Make a Halloween Wreath
Who says Christmas is the only time to hang a wreath? Make your front door look the part this Halloween by creating a wreath using products available online and in store at Hobbycraft. Follow this step-by-step tutorial by The Poncy Pantry to create a gothic Halloween wreath to welcome the spookiest time of the year!
1. Begin by pulling off the heads of the faux flowers and the leaves.
2. Using a small paint brush, begin my covering the pine cones, roses and leaves with the black acrylic paint. When you have very little paint left on your brush, lightly brush the remaining paint onto the tops of the White Wash Lotus to create a dark shadow. Set aside to dry for an hour.
3. When dry, take a very small amount of the grey acrylic paint on a clean paint brush and lightly brush it over the edges of the pine cones, roses and leaves to create a dusty and cobweb-covered effect.
4. While all your decorative pieces are drying, add a pea size drop of the brown acrylic paint into a cup and add 100mls of water. Mix well and then brush the diluted brown paint onto the A4 white paper.
5. Place the paper into the oven on a low heat for 15 minutes, until it is completely dry and looks like it has aged.
6. Once out of the oven, roll the paper into a cylinder tube, tying two bits of twine into bows at either end.
7. Cut the tube of paper directly in the middle creating two separate scrolls.
8. Heat up your glue gun and begin assembling your Halloween Wreath. It is recommended that you place everything on your wreath and when you are satisfied with the layout you can then glue in place.
9. Leave to dry fully for 10 minutes. You are then ready to hang your wreath!