How to Make a Glitter Bunny Card
We love a bit of glitter to brighten up even the gloomiest days of the year, and Easter is no exception! Get your glitter on with this easy and eye-catching glitter bunny card.
1. Print the Bunny stencil outline and enlarge to desired size, or draw a Bunny outline, approximately 7 cm in height and width, on to a sheet of plain white paper or stencil paper.
2. Use a craft knife to carefully cut out the bunny shape leaving behind a bunny shaped stencil. Put to one side.
A new blade in your craft knife will give a lovely sharp clean edge to the Bunny stencil.
3. Lay down some newspaper to work on top of. Place the paper stencil on top of a blank white card. When you are happy with the position, use a plastic glue spreader to carefully spread a layer of PVA glue through the stencil. Cover the glued area completely with a good thick layer of gold glitter. You will need to work relatively quickly to ensure the glue doesn’t dry out before applying the glitter. Carefully peel back the stencil.
As an alternative to a gold glitter, try one of the colourful Spring Time glitter colours with a white pompom tail.
4. Leave the glitter and glue to dry for five minutes, then lift the card up and tap off all the excess glitter. Put the card aside for a further five minutes to allow the glue to dry completely.
5. Glue a colourful mini pompom tail on to the finished bunny.
6. Print out a Hoppy Easter message and glue to the front of the card. Try out a variety of font sizes and styles to see which one suits your card or recipient.