How to Make a Gatefold Mother’s Day Card
Create an extra-special card this Mother’s day using the NEW and exclusive Flower Garden collection! Pretty pastel patterned papers and floral toppers are in abundance in this collection, simply, cut layer and stick to create a truly one-of-a-kind card.
1. Start with two 6 x 6” white card blanks. Cut one side of each card down to 7cm wide.
2. Lay one larger side on top of the other fixing in place with double sided tape creating a gatefold.
3. Cover the front of each 7cm flap with plain pink cardstock off-cuts from your stash, then layer a panel of slightly smaller patterned paper on top.
4. Fussy-cut or die cut two heart shapes, one in plain cardstock and another in patterned paper gluing the two together for added stability.
5. Adhere small white paper flowers around the edge of the heart along with a pink butterfly using tacky glue.
6. Attach the heart to the left front flap only so that the card can still be opened.
7. Take the MUM stickers from the sheet and stick them onto a piece of scrap cardstock. Fussy-cut around the edge of each letter; doing this will add extra stability. Fix each of the letters to the centre of the heart using 3d foam pads.
8. Adhere a sentiment sticker underneath the MUM greeting, along with a few more of the butterfly toppers. To complete the design, as a sprinkling of pink pearls.