How to Make a Floral Die-cut Mother’s Day Card
The ultra-versatile foliage die set from Intricut is ideal for when it comes to creating something a little bit special this Mother’s Day! Use the lucky recipients favourite colour palette as inspiration, or keep things simple by just using one colour. Add a scattering of gems for a bit of glitz and finish off with a beautiful hand-lettered sentiment
- Dovecraft A4 Premium Kraft Card Pack »
- Hobbycraft A4 Premium White Card Pack »
- Intricut Foliage Die Set »
- 1″ Butterfly Craft Punch »
- Clear Round Gems »
- Fine Line Uni Drawing Pen – 0.8mm »
- ‘You’re the Best’ Greeting Template (please see below)
1. Begin by scoring and folding one of the A4 kraft card sheets in half. Gently crease this flat to create the card blank.
2. Download and print off the hand-lettered sentiment template (this can be found in the link above). Use this to position and transfer the sentiment on to the card blank front with a pencil. Carefully go over the pencil lines using the black fine line pen. Add a thicker line to all the downward strokes of the letters using the same pen.
3. Die-cut several different elements of the Intricut foliage die using white card. Cut at least two of the same flowers to layer on top of each other adding dimension. The leaves can be cut and used as a single layer together with the mini flowers.
4. For each die-cut flower, use a ball tool and mat to create a dome effect to the petals. These can then be layered up using a 3D foam pad. Add a single gem or a shaped dome to the centre of the flowers. S
5. Use a finer ball tip to create a small dome for each berry on the berry sprig foliage.
6. Gently fold the remaining leafy foliage in half to add a simple dimensional effect. Glue these prepared elements onto the card front creating a deconstructed frame around the hand lettered sentiment.
7. Punch out six small butterflies using the butterfly punch. Layer these up with a tiny amount of tacky glue in the centre. Fold up the top wings and add a strip of three tiny gems onto the body of the butterflies. These can then be added to the frame design using 3D foam pads.
8. Complete the card by taking three different sized gems and fixing these in the bottom right hand corner of the card. Repeat this for the top left hand corner to balance the design.