How to Make a Festive Cloche Decoration
Create a cosy festive corner in any room of the home with a modern glass cloche, complete with a warming LED light in the base. Fill with mini resins to create your own imagined winter wonderland. Browse the inspirational imagery and tips below, and take a look at the huge range of fillable products available online and in store at Hobbycraft!
Large Glass Cloche »
Small Glass Cloche »
Flat Pack Wooden Scene »
1. Choose your cloche size and your fillable items from our huge range online or in store at Hobbycraft!
2. Before you begin, build and decorate any of the wooden fillables that you may be using. The flat pack sets simply need to be popped out of the flat board, built and glued together with tacky glue. Paint with opaque acrylics and add biodegradable glitter for a bit of shine!
3. To assemble your cloche, carefully lift the glass dome of the cloche off and set aside in a safe place. Begin to play around with the composition of your cloche. If you would like the light to be shining through a house, ensure that the house is placed over the top of the LED lightbulb. Once you’ve perfected the composition, begin to glue down using a hot glue gun.
3. Once the glue is dry, pick up the glass dome and fill with a handful of artificial snow.
4. Turn the cloche based upside down and carefully place onto the glass dome.
5. Turn the cloche the right way round, shaking gently so that the snow falls evenly across the base of the cloche.