How to Make a Felt Succulent Letter
Fill your life and your letters with these super cute and easy to make succulents! Mix and match with different green shades and shapes to create a this brilliant spring decoration.
1 x Fillable Letter » (or more to spell out a word)Download Succulent Templates
- Download, print and cut out the succulent templates.
- Draw around the templates onto the coloured felt, repeating in a mixture of colours. To fill the letter ‘C’ I made a combination of the different succulent styles and sizes. My top tip would be to start by making the larger styles and then create smaller ones to fill any gaps.
- Begin assembling the succulents.
Star, Round, Wavy and Pointy Succulents
- Put a small line of hot glue in the centre of a small petal and fold the petal at an angle. Add a line of hot glue to the bottom edge and roll into a cone shape to create the centre.
- For the rest of the petals, put a line of hot glue in the centre and fold at an angle. Add a line of hot glue to the bottom of the petal and attach the the centre piece.
- Continue adding pieces in a circular pattern. Follow the petal counts in the downloadable template for each size you make.
- Put a line of hot glue along the longest edge of the rectangle and carefully roll, placing another line of hot glue to secure it.
- To add the petals put a small line of hot glue of the bottom edge and wrap around the top of the roll.
- Continue adding the petals, carefully spacing and layering them
- Put a small line of hot glue in the centre of the base of the leaf and pinch together.
- Repeat until you have done this for all the leaves.
- Put a small dab of hot glue on the edge of the pinched base and stick together. Alternate sides until you have completely stuck your leaves together.
- Cut a long rectangle from a sheet of felt, put a line of hot glue along one of the longer edges, and fold. Once dry, snip into the folded edge the roll. Place a small dab of hot glue to secure.
4. Once you have made a combination of succulents you can now arrange them to fill your letter. Play around with the layout, mixing the different shapes and styles together.
- When you are happy with how it looks, use hot glue to stick your design down.
We’re always keen to see your crafts, so tag us @hobbycrafthq on Instagram, or @hobbycraft on Twitter using the #MakeItSpring hashtag.