How to Make a Fairy Garden Bonnet
This little bonnet features a dinky fairy garden for you to wear on your head! It comes complete with washing line, goldfish pond, stepping stones and little toadstool seats.
1. Find a plate or bowl that is roughly the same size as the top of your bonnet. Draw around it onto card and green felt and cut it out. Glue the felt onto the card. Cut small pebble shapes from the beige felt and glue across the centre of the felt to make a little pathway.
2. Glue the felt on top of the hat, then glue lollipop sticks around it to make a garden fence (you can add masking tape around the sticks to hold them in place). Leave one section open, next to the path, for an entrance. Cut some more lollipop sticks in half and glue them across the sticks to add strength and make it look more like a fence.
3. To make the washing line, cut 2 wooden skewers to 7cm. Tie a 15cm length of embroidery thread around each end and add a dob of glue to keep it in place. Cut small items of clothing from felt and peg to the washing line.
4. Glue the washing line skewers onto the fence so that it hangs nicely inside the garden. Glue pieces of moss around the whole garden.
5. Embellish the garden by gluing on tiny paper flowers, toadstools, an Easter chick and anything else that might work nicely in your garden.
6. Glue shredded green paper around the bonnet to resemble grass. Snip of any excess, then glue on some mermaid eggs and fabric flowers for a finishing touch.