How to Sew a Drawstring Bag
Make this colourful drawstring bag and personalise it with your name or favourite motif! Use any combination of fat quarters that strike your fancy.
1. Cut one of your fat quarters in half (the plain one in this image), leaving the other whole.
2. Join the fabrics together to make a long panel with the patterned fabric in the centre. Press the seam flat.
4. Hem the ends forming a channel through which you will thread the cord.
5. Pin bag right sides together and hem along the sides stopping before the channels you have created. Turn right side out and press.
6. Tidy up any loose threads, then apply the iron on letters and motif following the pack instructions.
7. Finally cut the cord in two and thread through the two channels in opposite directions and finish with a knot.