How to Make a Dragon Baseball Cap
We’re celebrating Wear a Hat Day on 31st March and 1st April in aid of Brain Tumour Research, so of course it wouldn’t be Hobbycraft if we didn’t get crafty with our hats! Top milliner to the stars, Stephen Jones, kindly offered to try his hand at the challenge and here’s one he created – a very urban style dragon baseball cap!
With thanks to Stephen Jones.
1. Saw the dragon in half. A small hacksaw works well.
2. Trim the feathers to the required length.
3. Use hot glue to add feather extensions to the dragons wings.
4. Make holes in the dragons head with pointed scissors and glue in the spike beads.
5. Spray your baseball cap and the dragon outside or in a ventilated space.
6. When the paint is dry hot glue the dragon to the cap and some beads around the front.
7. Wrap some chain around the dragons neck and trim so that it reaches to the sides of the front panel of the cap. Glue the ends of the chain to the cap.
8. Hot glue the tail of the dragon to the back of the cap. Wrap some chain around the tail, cut and glue the chain to the cap.
9. Glue a bead at the end of the chain and glue a spike bead into the button on top.
*Texts costs £5 plus network charge. Brain Tumour Research receives 100% of your donation. Obtain the bill payer’s permission. Call 01908 867200 for any queries. Registered charity no.1153487 (England & Wales)