How to Make a Dinosaur and Unicorn Wind Sock
With the warmer weather approaching, there is nothing like a bit of crafting to get us all out of those winter blues! Wind socks are a wonderful, creative and simple idea to brighten up the garden patio and add decoration. They come in all sorts of shapes, sized and designs for you to try.
Here’s how to make your very own dinosaur and unicorn windsock!
- Start by preparing your craft items and clear your surface area.
- Begin painting your cardboard tube in your chosen base colour. Once completely covered, leave to dry for 15-30 minutes.
- While your tube is drying, start by cutting strips of tissue paper which will act as the tails of your windsock. Make sure the strips measure at approximately 2cm wide to prevent the tissue paper from ripping.
- Once your cardboard tube is completely dry you can begin by adding on your details. You can use Easy Glue eyes, Pom-poms, pens and coloured cardboard to create the features of your unicorn or dinosaur.
- After you are finished adding detail to your windsock, apply some glue inside your cardboard tube at the bottom end and stick your colourful strip around the circumference of the tube.
- At the top end of your tube, pierce two holes either side of your windsock. Get an adult to help you with this as this part can be tricky.
- Thread a piece of string through one hole and another piece of string through the other. Tie a firm knot in both.
- Attach both pieces of loose string to a wooden stick.
- Hang your windsock outside and enjoy!