How to Make a Die Cut Flower Tote Bag
I’ve chosen to create a jute bag as my children recently broke up for the summer holidays and I thought this would make the perfect present to give to my child’s teacher. Additionally, this die cut flower tote bag would make the perfect personalised carrier for a trip to the beach this summer, or for shopping in town.
1. Die cut the Build a Bloom flower shapes from felt. For this project you will need three larger grey and mint green petal strips, one smaller petal strips in grey and two in mint green. Also cut two small central petal shapes in grey and one in mint green.
2. Using a needle and thread sew a running stitch along the edge of the die-cut shape.
3. Pull one end (be sure to hold the other end tightly) of the thread to gather, this will form the flower shape. Tie the thread to secure. Repeat with the smaller flower shape.
4. Layer flower shapes and stitch to assemble flower. Embellish with a button.
5. Using double-sided tape attach three pieces of ribbon to the jute bag.
6. Attach the finished Poinsettia flowers to the jute bag using a hot glue gun.
I hope you liked my quick and easy creative make.