How to Make a Decorated Frame Mother’s Day Card
Need a cool and creative Mother’s Day card you can make yourself? Try this decorated wood frame card for something Mum is sure to really love and appreciate. Easy enough to make in an hour, but something your mother may very well keep for years.
- Grab four wooden sticks and apply a different colour of paint to each one and leave to dry.
2. Once the lollipop sticks are dry it’s time to start decorating them. To create a polka dot effect, dip the handle end of a paintbrush into white and yellow paint. Create a pattern that covers the entire length of the stick.
3. To recreate the pink cross pattern, dip the end of one lollipop stick in pink paint. Print the crosses down the entire length of the stick.
4. For the heart pattern, dip the end of a brush into paint and create two dots that are touching. Use a fine paintbrush to stroke the paint down to create the heart’s point.
5. To create the striped lollipop stick, use a flat brush and your paint colour of choice.
6. Use the front of the card as a guide when creating the frame from the lollipop sticks. Once happy with the positioning secure the four sticks with tacky glue, placing the horizontal sticks on top of the vertical ones.
7. Back the frame with your favourite photo, trimming away any excess if required.
8. Add two stacked layers of 3D foam pads to the back of the horizontal lollipop sticks. Remove the backing paper from the foam pads and fix the frame centrally to the card front.
Top tip! Turn your card into a keepsake: Simply add a stripe of magnetic tape to the back of card, so the lucky recipient can proudly display the piece on their fridge!