How to Make a Cup Mermaid
This lovely mermaid will sit happily on any bedside table or shelf, with her sparkly felt tail hanging happily down. She’s made from items in the Giant Box of Craft » and she’s very easy to put together!
1. Draw a mermaid’s tail onto a piece of felt and cut it out, using the full length of the felt. Use glue to cover in sequins.
2. Paint the two styofoam semi circles pink with a few coats of paint. Once dry, stick the two halves together. Use glue to attach pom poms around the head for the mermaid’s lovely locks. Glue a flower on to the front and add a sparkly pom pom to the centre.
3. Paint the paper cup pink and leave to dry. For the mermaid’s bikini, glue two small flowers onto the cup, near the base, as shown in the picture.
4. Glue the head onto the paper cup body. Glue on googly eyes and draw on black eyelashes, a red smile and a little belly button.
5. Glue the mermaid tail around the rim of the cup so that it hangs down.
6. Finally, draw and cut out two arms from pink card and glue these onto the side of the body.