How to Make a Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste Card
Decorative texture paste can be used on all manner of surfaces, here two of the pastes have been used with a stencil to create a beautiful metallic notelet, ideal for extra special thank you’s.
- 6 x 6” White Card Blanks & Envelopes »
- A4 White Card »
- Creative Expressions A5 Gorgeous Gerbera Stencil designed by Lisa Horton »
- Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste in Royal Gold »
- Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste in Silver »
- Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder in Rich Gold »
- Mini Expressions Thank You die by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions »
- Cut down a 6 x 6″ card blank down to 5.5″ x 5.5″, then trim the following panels from white cardstock:
– A5 approx (to stencil onto)
– 5 x 2.5” approx (to die cut Thank You)
– 5 x 2” approx (to die cut a banner or flag)
2. Using low-tack or removable tape, attach your stencil to an A5 piece of white cardstock.
3. Apply Silver Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste across the centre of the stencil with a spatula. Then add Gold Cosmic shimmer Texture Paste to the top and bottom, ensuring there are no gaps. Remove the tape and the stencil and set this piece of card aside to dry.
4. Once the texture paste is completely dry, trim this piece of card to 5 x 5”.
5. Shape each of the corners using a corner rounding punch.
6. Paint the white piece of card measuring 5 x 2.5” approx. with Rich Gold Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder and a wet paintbrush.
7. Once the Rich Gold Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder is dry, die cut the words Thank You. Then from the white piece of card measuring 5 x 2” approx. die cut a banner or flag shape (or trim this by hand).
8. Assemble your card, as shown, using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.