How to Make a Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Flakes Card
Gilding flakes are a great way of adding some sparkle to your papercraft projects! Cosmic Shimmer have six different colourways to choose from and they’re super-simple to use, all you need to make sure you have is the Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue.
Project and photography by Creative Expressions
- 5 x 7” White Card Blanks & Envelopes »
- A4 White Card »
- A4 Black Card »
- A4 Gold Card »
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes: Silver Moon »
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes: Gemstones »
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes: Golden Jewel »
- Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue »
- Ranger Ink Cut n’ Dry Foam »
- Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Mini Expressions Thank You Die »
- Creative Expressions Lisa Horton Background Collection Stitched Boxes Die Set »
- Glue a piece of white card, trimmed to 11 x 16cm, to the front of the card blank.
2. Die cut the complete Stitched boxes die set from black card, saving all the cut outs. Hold the dies in position as they make their way through the die cutting machine using a small piece of low tack tape (washi tape is ideal).
3. Select some of the cut outs for gilding: the process is the same for each colour of gilding flakes. Apply a coat of Flake & Glitter glue using a small piece of Cut n’ dry foam. Sprinkle Gilding Flakes all over the surface of the cut out, pressing them into the glue layer. Allow to dry slightly. Rub across the surface to secure the flakes and remove the excess.
Top tip: Work over a piece of scrap paper so that excess flake can be saved for future projects.
4. Place foam pads on the back of the black frame and secure to the centre of the white card. Glue each of the gilded panels into place gently pushing them through the relevant aperture within the frame.
Top tip: Use tweezers to make positioning the panels easier.
5. Die cut the ‘Thank You’ greeting from gold cardstock and glue to the bottom right-hand corner of the frame.