How to Make a Clay Monstera Leaf Trinket Dish
Create this super chic Monstera leaf trinket dish using air drying clay and gloss acrylic paints – perfect for your bedside table, desk, or vanity table! Follow the tutorial below by expert crafters Little Button Diaries to find out how to make your own.
1. Roll the clay out to a thickness of about 5mm on a piece of cling film. The clay needs to be a little bigger than the leaf template.
2. Place the template provided on to the top of the clay and use a modelling tool to draw around it. Remove the template and use a sharp knife to cut it out.
3. Use the cling film to lift the clay into a bowl and push it down with your fingers. Leave the clay to dray overnight in the bowl.
4. The next day, use the cling film to lift the clay out of the bowl. Remove the cling film. Put the leaf in a warm dry place to dry out completely for a day.
5. Use fine sandpaper to sand the leaf bowl all over to remove any rough edges.
6. Paint the whole leaf in green acrylic paint and leave to dry.
7. Finish with a coat of Mod Podge to add shine and durability.