How to Make a Christmas Woodland Scrapbook Layout
Fussy-cutting is a great versatile technique that allows you to cut out specific elements from a sheet of patterned paper, in this instance beautiful foliage, and then layer them up and stick them down in any arrangement of your choosing. This layout uses lots of fussy-cut pieces of foliage which are then arranged around a central aperture to create a festive wreath.
1. First choose two colours of plain cardstock – I chose a darker and a lighter green, and also a sheet of patterned paper from the Christmas Woodland 12 x 12″ paper pad – I chose a cream with gold stars.
2. Using a compass, draw a circle approximately 10″ in diameter on the darker piece of plain cardstock in the centre of the card, on the other piece of card draw a 9.5″ diameter circle centrally. Cut these circles out using a good pair of sharp scissors.
3. Distress the edges of the plain cardstock around four edges and inside the circle. Cut out strips from the mountboard and adhere with tacky glue to the bottom of both plain pieces of cardstock (foam pads will also work). Layer these one on top of the other so you have the gold stars on the bottom, the smaller circle in the middle and the larger circle on top. This will give you your base for your wreath.
4. Choose some of the patterned papers that have foliage on and fussy cut around lots of the leaves – you will need quite a few so be patient! Take some of the white paper flowers and glue around the wreath shape on your layout on the lighter green cardstock – it is better if these flowers aren’t spaced evenly – looks more natural. Then take the fussy-cut leaves and foliage and glue all around the wreath and around the flowers.
5. Take some of the gold foil card and rip to be just a little larger than your chosen photos. Adhere these to the base paper in the middle of your wreath
Top tip – if you rip the card TOWARDS you end up seeing the core of the paper which gives you a nice edge to the tear.
6. Cut a sentiment from the postcard book and add some mountboard or foam pads to the back and stick into the middle of the wreath overlapping your photos. Add white flowers and fussy cut foliage.
7. Add some white scattered snowflake confetti and your layout is complete.