How to Make a Christmas Robin Card with Tattered Lace
Christmas might be a few months away yet, but I couldn’t resist sharing this quick and easy Christmas robin card with you – It took me less than 30 minutes to create with Tattered Lace dies and a super Christmas paper pack already available in Hobbycraft. I hope you like it!
- Cut, score and fold maroon cardstock to create a 14.5 cm square card. Cut a 14 cm square of backing paper from the Winter Woodlands Pack, mat onto the card.
- Using the Fern dies, cut 3 fern branches from maroon card. Spray one and coat with glitter. Mat onto the card as shown using detail glue and fine tips.
- Using the Getting Started die set, heart branch, cut one from maroon cardstock, spray and coat with glitter. Mat onto the card as shown.
- Using the Robin die, cut one from maroon cardstock. If your cardstock is not double sided cut it from the opposite side to the maroon. Place the die cut inside a folded sheet of copier paper and run through the die cutting machine so that you can flip it and still have the detail.
- Mat the robin die cut onto the back of the waste from the backing paper and trim around the body. Use 3D foam to mat the robin onto the branches.
- Mat a 1.5 cm x 14 cm rectangle cut from backing paper onto a 2 cm x 14cm rectangle cut from maroon cardstock. Place 3D foam at the bottom and then from the top down to just above where the ferns will lie and mat onto the card, covering the edges of the ferns as shown.
- Using the Getting Started die set, flowers, cut one large from both maroon cardstock and backing paper and one small from maroon.
- Snip in towards the centre at the inner point of each petal to make the petals longer. Curl, shape and glue the layers together, off-setting the petals to create the floral embellishment.
- Mat the flower towards the top of the long strip as shown, add a self adhesive gem in the centre of the flower.
- Using the Christmas Mini Dies, tags, cut one large from both maroon and the reverse of an offcut of backing paper and one medium from maroon. Write a sentiment onto the plain brown tag and mat all three onto the card as shown.