How to Make a Christmas Paper Pieced Sentiment Card
Use the brand NEW Intricut ‘Merry Little Christmas’ sentiment die to create this modern, Christmas paper pieced sentiment card! We’ve opted for traditional colours within our design, however you can mix and match different colours and textures of cardstock dependent on the lucky recipient you’re making it for.
Project by Julie Hole
- Cut the card frame using the Intircut Merry Little Christmas die, from charcoal grey cardstock. Trim away the foliage garland area from the top of the design, making sure to follow the line of the frame. Remove the “Merry Little” lettering and discard.
2. Stick this frame piece to front of the card blank using a glue pen, carefully centring the design.
3. Cut the frame again in Christmas green cardstock and carefully trim away the garland area and foliage pieces at the base of the design.
4. Glue the green garland into position at the top of the frame, replicating its original position and place the foliage pieces over the grey cardstock at the base of the design.
5. Using Christmas red cardstock placed over the “Merry Little” sentiment area of the die, cut out lettering and glue into gaps left in the banner section on the card front.
6. Die cut “Have Yourself A” sentiment from gold glitter card and free the lettering from the banner area using a die release tool. Adhere the lettering over the grey cardstock originals – be mindful not to use too much glue here.
7. Lastly, using pale grey cardstock, cut out the “Christmas” area of the die. Detach it from the frame sections and glue onto the original frame die cut ensuring that the final position is slightly down and to the right of the original – off-setting the letters in this way helps to creates the striking shadow effect.