How to Make a Bright Embroidered Stocking
Make a loved ones Christmas merry and bright with this cute embroidered stocking! A quick and simple design that makes a great personalised gift.
1. Start by planning your design, I chose to have ‘Merry & Bright’ on mine and to add some stitching to the top. I used plain paper to create a template to draw around onto the stocking using the vanishing fabric marker.
2. Using a small embroidery hoop, insert the bottom half into the stocking and tighten the top. Start with the ‘Merry’ using the bright pink embroidery thread, use a satin stitch to fill in the letters. Add a bright blue running stitch around each letter.
3. Using a chain stitch and the orange thread, sew around the outline of the ‘&’.
4. Fill in the ‘Bright’ using the yellow thread and satin stitch.
5. Finally add some stitches to the top of your stocking, I used running stitch, fern stitch and blanket stitch.