How to Make a 3D Paper Heart Frame
Whether your looking for a gift idea for Mother’s Day, or as a birthday surprise, this super simple heart frame is a great make. Easily personalised to the recipient with the use of Thickers alphabet stickers, you could even customise the cardstock to create the 3D hearts.
1. Using Design Space and a Cricut Air create two sizes of heart in four different cardstocks. If you do not have a Cricut air, two different sizes of palm punch will work just as well. To create interest within the frame some of the the hearts have both a front and a back whilst others have three faces; these are made by folding each heart in half, and then sticking the opposing halves of the three hearts together around the embroidery thread (see step three).
2. Secure four lengths of embroidery thread to the inner frame inside the box frame.To do this wrap the ends of the thread around the top and bottom of the frame securing with a double knot.
3. Now it’s time to assemble the hearts around the embroidery thread, do this using double sided tape. Use the image as a guide to help you position the hearts.
4. Once all of the hearts have been attached cut a piece of background card roughly 0.5cm larger on each side so that it fits snugly into the frame. To create the background in my frame I’ve used a white piece of card and then layered vellum over the top.
5. Pop everything into the frame and then use Thicker stickers to spell out your greeting.