How to Decoupage a Flip Flop Mache Box
Emily Dawe, Home Editor from Woman’s Weekly magazine, shows you how to decoupage a flip flop box – the perfect place to stash your treasured holiday memories.
You Will Need
How to Make
- Paint the top and bottom sections of the flip-flop box with white paint and leave to dry.
- Cut and stick a strip of the striped decoupage paper around the side of the base of the flip-flop box with decoupage glue. Then cut and stick a piece of check paper to the bottom of the base.
- Stick a small strip of striped paper around the side of the flip-flop lid. Then stick some check paper on the sole, cutting a small slit so that it fits around the toe post, and trim the edges with scissors.
- Stick a piece of spotted paper on the top of the flip-flop, folding over the sides and smoothing underneath. Glue some more paper to the underside to cover up any white gaps.
- Brush both the top and bottom sections with more decoupage glue to varnish.
- To finish, stick some buttons to the top of the flip-flops.