How to Decorate Halloween Rice Krispy Treats
Add a bit of fun to your Halloween celebrations in no time at all with these easy Halloween Rice Krispy treats! Kids will love getting involved with melting and dipping in the bright candy melts, and choosing where to place their numerous edible eyes!
- Rice Krispy squares or rice cereal treat recipe (see below)
- 200ml vegetable oil
- 1 bag Green Candy Melts »
- 1 bag Red Candy Melts »
- 1 bag Yellow Candy Melts »
- 1 bag Blue Candy Melts »
- Confectionery Eyeballs »
- Large Confectionery Eyeballs »
- 55g butter or margarine
- 160g mini marshmallows
- 190g crisp rice cereal
In large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add cereal; mix well. Press into prepared pan; insert cookie sticks. When cool to touch, remove from pan. Repeat with remaining cereal mixture. (If mixture becomes hard to work with, microwave at 50% Power 30-60 seconds to soften)
1. Prepare crispy treats following recipe instructions if making your own. Press into biscuit tin; let cool. Remove from pan. Cut into 6.35cm x 10cm rectangles.
2. Melt chosen colour of candy melts according to package instructions in a bowl in the microwave. Once melted add in a tablespoon at a time of vegetable oil until a soft dropping consistency is achieved. Mix red and yellow candy melts to create orange.
3. Dip the monsters! Dip each crispy treat in the melted candy melts, either on the short or long side of the treat, as per the photograph. Set aside on the cake board covered with parchment paper to set and cool. Smooth melted candy if needed with a palette knife.
4. Repeat, alternating colours, to cover treats. Chill until set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Melt coloured candy melts (approx. 50g) in a disposable piping bag and pipe dots onto the crispy treat, then adhere the candy eyeballs to the dots.