How to Decorate a Rustic Advent House
Who doesn’t love counting down the days until it’s Christmas? I know I love to! Get in the spirit with this wonderful make to decorate your very own advent house. Once it’s complete, you can fill it with all sorts of wonderful treats to get you in the festive mood.
1. Paint the advent house using a light grey acrylic paint and a paintbrush. Leave to completely dry and then repeat this step once more.
2. Using a bigger sponge, start to lightly dab the dark grey acrylic paint on top of the coat you have already done. This will give a textured look to the advent house. Leave to dry.
3. Build up the textured look by adding more paint to the surface of the advent house. Use smaller sponges and hard bristle paintbrushes to paint hard to reach places. Leave to dry.
Helpful hint: If you not sure how dry the paint is, all you have to do is touch your project with the tip of your finger. If it feels quite cold or tacky, it needs to be left to dry a bit longer.
4. Use a gold Posca pen to write on the countdown for Christmas.
5. All that is left to do… To fill each shelf with a little present!