How to Decorate a Mache Angel Tree Topper
Every Christmas tree needs an Angel to take pride of place at the top, and you’ll definitely want to show off this beautiful mache creation!
Papier mache is a great craft to get the little ones involved with, or for a more skilled crafter, and with lots of patterned paper in our range to choose from, the possibilities really are endless.
1. Start by painting your angel all over with white paint. When it’s dry give it a second coat – this will give a more even finish.
2. Apply glue to the front of her wings in a nice even layer right to the edges. Sprinkle silver glitter all over, leave for a few minutes, then shake off! When this is dry do the same to the back of her wings.
Top Tip! Lay some newspaper down before you start to protect your work surface and to collect the leftover glitter later!
3. Twist a pipe cleaner into a circle and weave the rest of the pipe cleaner in and out of the circle to make it nice and firm. Attach to the top of her head with some glue and press it down for a few minutes to keep it in place.
4. Mix a tiny amount of red paint with some white paint to make a light shade of pink. Paint two rosy cheeks onto her face. With your Sharpie draw two little semi-circle eyes.
5. Cut long strips the length of the angel’s body out of your chosen paper. I’ve used old music paper for the dress but use any paper you like! Make the strips thicker at one end and thinner at the other. Use a dab of glue to attach the thin end to the top of her body. Attach all of your strips to her body to make the dress, and you’re finished!
The finished decorated angel.