How To Crochet A Wall Hanging For Crafternoon
On 23rd September all Hobbycraft stores across the country are holding a Crafternoon for Mind, the mental health charity. Crafternoon means getting together with friends and family to craft, raise money for Mind and have fun!
We have created a pattern to support Crafternoon so you can get your friends and family’s involved, have fun making and raise money at the same time.
Wi Home Cotton Purple (yarn A) x 1
Wi Home Cotton Blue (yarn B) x 1
Wi Home Cotton Light Blue (yarn C) x 1
Ch – Chain
Ss – Slip st
Tr – Treble
Stab stitch – work a dc 1 row lower than the row you are working on.
1. Using 5mm hook and yarn A ch4, and join into a ring.
2. Round 1: Ch3 (counts as 1tr), 1tr into ring, (1ch, 2tr into ring) 5times, 1 ch, ss to top of 3 ch.
3. Round 2: Ss into next tr and next ch, 3ch* (1tr, 1ch,1tr) into space, 2tr* repeat until 1 space is left, (1tr,1ch, 1tr) into space, 1tr, ss into top of 3ch.
4. Round 3: Ch3, 1tr into each treble, (1tr, 1ch, 1tr) into each ch space, ss into top of 3ch.
5. Round 4: As round 3.
6. Round 5: As round 3.
7. Round 6: Change to yarn D, work
as round 3.
8. Round 7: As round 3.
9. Round 8: Change to yarn C, 1ch, *1dc, 1 stab st* continue until you get to ch space, (1dc, 1ch, 1dc) into ch space, continue to work *1dc, 1 stab st* on the straights and (1dc,1ch 1dc) into the ch space.
10. Fasten off and sew in all ends.
Thanks so much for holding a Crafternoon – have fun! And remember, your fundraising will let us give advice and support to even more people and help make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone.