How to Paint Wooden Lighthouse Decorations
Who doesn’t love being by the sea? Cool blues, washed-out whites and a touch of red create a quintessential British seaside feel. Bring a bit of the seaside into your home with these Nautical Lighthouses! Perfect for any nautical themed room, these would work especially well in the bathroom!
1. Start by taping off certain areas of the lighthouses. This will mask off the areas you won’t be painting and leave the areas that you want to paint exposed.
Top tip! When applying the masking tape to the surface of the lighthouses, it’s best to do it bit by bit… Make sure to apply it one side at a time. If you try to wrap it all the way around the lighthouses the design and angles of the lines might be a little distorted.
2. Next, paint the exposed areas of the lighthouse. Apply a couple of coats of paint and then leave to dry. Once dry, cover the area you have just painted with masking tape and paint the exposed area of the lighthouse where you have just removed tape from.
3. Touch up any areas where paint may have bled. Using a new piece of masking tape as a guide, touch up the paint. This will help to create precise straight lines.
4. Paint the top and base of the lighthouse using an alternative colour to what you have just used. Apply a couple of coats for a better finish.
Top Tip! Apply masking tape below the top and above the base of the lighthouses to stop paint from bleeding.
5. Paint the finishing touches to the top of the lighthouses to complete them.