How to Create a Pull-tab Scrapbook Layout
Celebrate time spent with loved ones with this showstopping pull-tab scrapbook layout! The ingenious pull-tab mechanism is created from one strip of cleverly scored card, this then allows you to include a whopping fourteen photos within your layout, perfect for documenting days out, celebrations or mini breaks!
Start by designing your page layout then select different elements you would like to include, the We R Memory Keepers Punch Needle kit is ideal for adding stitching to layouts (simply follow the included how-to guide when using). The Journal Studio sticker books are also a must-have, there are lots of stickers to choose from that will last you well beyond creating just one scrapbook layout; use them on calendars, cards and even gift tags!
- Journal Studio Crate Paper Floral Ephemera »
- Journal Studio Crate Paper Paperclips »
- Journal Studio Crate Paper Puffy Stickers »
- Journal Studio Crate Paper Stickers »
- We R Memory Keepers Stencil Kit, Words »
- We R Memory Keepers Punch Needle Kit »
- 12 x 12″ Sheet of White cardstock – available in-store only
- Shine On Gold Alphabet Glitter Foam Thicker Stickers »
1. Cut a strip of cardstock 3″ wide x 12″ long. From one end score lines across its width at 2″, 2.5″, 3″, 3.5″, 4″, 4.5″ and 5″. Crease and fold along these seven lines.
2. Cut seven pieces of cardstock measuring 3 x 3″. Fold the long strip of cardstock along the 5″ crease and attach a 3″ square of cardstock to each segment, aligning the top edge to each crease. This will give you the seven ‘pages’. Double-sided tape is perfect for this.
3. Decorate your pull-tab book with photos, die-cuts and stickers. It can be easier to do this before you attach it to your layout. Flip your decorated booklet over and attach a piece of double sided tape to the top edge of the long cardstock strip, this it the edge nearest to the 2” fold.
4. Cut a 1 x 5″ strip of cardstock ‘the strap’ and adhere it to the end where you’ve just put the double-sided tape in the previous step, making sure you have 1″ sticking out from either side. Place double-sided tape to the undersides of these two 1″ pieces, but only the outer ¾” portions. Position the closed book on your layout and adhere the outer tabs to the background with the long cardstock ‘pull-tab’ held underneath the ‘strap’.
5.This mechanism should now be able to slide freely underneath the ‘strap’ when pulled, which in turn flips the booklet open at each page.