How to Create a Metal Stamped Cuff Bracelet
Metal stamping is an incredible new crafting trend that allows the creation of high quality and professional-looking jewellery or decorative gifts at home, and offers endless possibility for personalisation. Read on to find out how easy it is to use the ImpressArt range, available online and in store at Hobbycraft!
1. Place the straight stamp guide in the center of your bracelet blank. Use lines on the guide to space letters evenly.
2. Stamp a word, saying, or quote of your choice on the bracelet blank. Hold the letter stamp at a 90 degree angle to the stamping blank and strike once with medium force.
3. Highlight impressions with enamel marker. Wait 1-3 minutes and wipe away excess with a soft cloth.
4. Use the bracelet bending bar to bend the blank into a cuff shape. Place the end of the blank into bending bar face-up and hold securely with your thumb and index finger. Bend the blank around the bar and repeat on other side.
5. Continue to round out the cuff with bracelet bending pliers.
Top tip! When bending the bracelet blank, make sure not to over bend. Use the palm of your hand to bend it halfway. To make the cuff perfectly round, use the pliers. Match the curvature of the nylon jaws to the curvature of the cuff. Start in the center of the cuff and squeeze pliers to begin forming. Squeeze and release pliers towards each end until the cuff is perfectly round.