How to Create a Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder Birthday Card
Pixie Powder’s are ideal if you want to add a some shimmer to your mixed media projects. Available in 12 beautiful colourways, the powders can be used in a variety of different ways to create stunning, colourful backgrounds for your projects. We’ve layered a variety of Pixie powders to create a striking multi-coloured background for our card, however you could use as many, or as few, as you like!
Project created by Creative Expressions
- 5” x 7” White Card Blanks & Envelopes »
- A4 White Watercolour Card »
- Scraps of Black & White Cardstock
- Cosmic Shimmer Rich Gold Pixie Powder »
- Cosmic Shimmer Lava Red Pixie Powder »
- Cosmic Shimmer Peacock Green Pixie Powder »
- Cosmic Shimmer Purple Violet Pixie Powder »
- Cosmic Shimmer White Pearl Mix Pixie Powder »
- Creative Expressions Mini Expressions Sentiment Die »
- Lisa Horton for Creative Expressions Floral Collection Layered Loops Die Set »
- Cosmic Shimmer Golden Peral 3D Accents »
1. Cut a piece of watercolour card measuring 16.5 x 11.5cm: this will be the background piece. Spritz it with water and puff pixie powders in Lava Red, Peacock Green, Purple Violet and White Pearl in a random pattern. Allow to dry.
Top tip: Spritz the card again after applying the powders in order to create a greater dispersal of the pigments across the card.
2. Repeat this process on the remaining piece of watercolour card using Lava Rad and Rich Gold Pixie Powders. Allow to dry.
3. Die cut the base flower shapes from the red/gold piece. Die cut the looped flowers and swirls from white cardstock scraps from your craft stash.
4. Die cut ‘Best Wishes’ from a scrap of black cardstock.
5. Glue the background piece on to the card blank. Glue ‘Best Wishes’ towards the bottom right corner.
6. Glue the layered flowers and swirls to the card front; two top right and one bottom left, embellish with pearl gems or 3D Accents.