How to Bake a Blueberry Cake with Vanilla Frosting
Create a cake bursting with flavour by following this blueberry cake recipe by Bakewell. Use Bakewell Non-stick baking paper to ensure a seamless bake from start to finish.
Ingredients for cake:
175 g Self-raising Flour
175 g Butter
175 g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tsp Baking Powder »
2 tsps Vanilla Extract »
100 g Blueberries
Ingredients for icing:
500 g Icing Sugar
150 g Unsalted Butter
50 ml Whole Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract »
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180*C / 350F
2. Line an round cake tin with Bakewell non-stick baking paper.
3. In a large bowl add 175g of butter, 175g caster sugar, 3 large eggs, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Mix with an electric whisk until thoroughly mixed together. Slowly mix in the self-raising flour.
4. Stir in 100g of blueberries to the mixture. Carefully spoon the mixture into the tin and level off with a spatula.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until it feels firm to touch.
6. Cool for 10 minutes and remove the cake from the tin. Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool fully.
7. To make the vanilla icing, whisk together 500g of icing sugar and 150g of unsalted butter until thoroughly mixed together.
8. In a separate bowl mix together 50mls of whole milk and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. One bit at a time add this to the sugar and butter mixture. Stirring thoroughly.
9. Spread the vanilla frosting on the outside of the cake, and garnish with blueberries.