Cricut: Halloween Trick or Treat Goody Bags
No Halloween trick or treat trip would be complete without a handy bag to store all of your collected sweet treats in. Perfect for little ones, these adorable goody bags can be made (almost!) any size you like, simply re-size using the Design Space software and your Cricut machine does the rest!
- Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone/Android device, log on to your Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Cricut Explore™ / Maker™ machine. On the home screen type ‘Halloween Treat Bags’ into the search bar and select the below project, and the ‘cusomise’ option.
2. Drag a selection box over the entire project and amend the width to 60cm, ensure the padlock is locked so that the project resizes proportionately.
3. Select the green ‘Make it’ button in the bottom right-hand corner.
4. You’ll then be taken through to the preview screen for the mats. Swipe to the left until you arrive at mat six. Click on one of the handles and then select the three dots that appear in the top-left corner. Click ‘Move to another mat’. The select mat three.
5. Use the rotation tool, located in the right-hand corner of the handle, and rotate 90 degrees. Re-position the handle next to the box structure. Make sure that none of the pieces are touching, if they are a yellow line will appear on the piece that is being overlapped, like the below. If there are any pieces that overlap when it comes to cutting, these pieces affected will not cut.
6. Repeat steps four and five with the remaining handle on mat six, this time moving the handle to mat four. Rotate the handle 90 degrees as before.
7. Repeat the process once more, this time selecting the handle of mat seven, moving it to mat five.
8. Once the mats are made up it’s then time to cut! Select ‘Continue’ from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions to cut and score each of the pieces, ensuring the Cricut Scoring Tool is loaded into port A of the your Cricut machine. Use the green and orange from the Bright’s pack to cut out the coloured pieces for the Frankenstein and pumpkin bags.
Top tip: The A3 sheets of black card stock will not need to be trimmed down before securing them to the Cricut Standard Grip Cutting Mat. Just make sure that the paper is secured on the mat in a portrait orientation.
9. Assemble each of the boxes using double-sided tape before applying the front of each goody bag. Match the faces to the correct made-up goody bag (they are all slightly different sizes), we used double-sided tape, however you could use foam pads in between each of the layers to create dimension.