How to Make Easy Easter Bunny Ears
These cute and fluffy Easter bunny ears are the perfect dress up accessory for any egg hunt. What can be sweeter than a pair of bunny ears for your little angel to wear on a Spring afternoon that you can have fun making together?
Time to allow : 30 minutes per headband
Skill level : Beginner
Easy Easter Bunny Ears
What you’ll need
- Pipe cleaners
- Metal headband
- Chunky wool/Yarn
- Your choice of fabric – we used hessian
- Hot glue gun
How to make
- Start by making ear shapes with the white pipe cleaners, using 1 pipe cleaner for each ear. If you would like your ears to be bigger use two pipe cleaners per ear. To make the ear shape, bend the pipe cleaner in half and round the ‘sides’ of the ear.
- Once happy with the shape of your rabbit’s ears attach to the headband. To do this twist the open ends of the pipe cleaners around the headband.
- Start wrapping the wool around all of the headband making sure to go around where the pipe cleaner joins the headband a couple of times, this will make the ear more secure and also hide the join better. Once you’ve been around the whole band once it’s up to you whether you go around it again with your wool/yarn, this will give the ears a chunkier and fluffier look.
- Secure the ends of the yarn/wool with a hot melt glue gun, leave to dry.
- Cut a length of hessian (or fabric of your choice), roughly 4cm in width, for the bow on the headband, and then lay a length of cut ribbon (the same length) on top. It’s up to you what type of bow you want to do.
- Once you are happy with your bow position on the headband, secure in place with the hot glue gun. Hold in place for a few seconds to allow the glue to ‘set’.
- Leave to dry completely before wearing.
Hints and tips
Why not try using two contrasting wools/yarns when you wrap them around the headband for a more individual looking pair of bunny ears?