Decoupage Paper Mache Snowman Project
Building and decorating a snowman is one of the most fun things to do at Christmas. This decoupage paper mache snowman project is a great craft to do with your little ones – and, what’s more, is just as fun and doesn’t get your hands cold!
1. Begin by painting the face and body of the snowman white with red boots. Leave to dry.
2. To decoupage the hat, tear the decopatch paper into squares of about an inch wide. Apply a layer of glue onto the hat and place the paper on top. Cover the paper with another layer of glue. Smooth out any bubbles or ridges with your finger. Repeat this until the whole hat is covered without any gaps.
3. Paint the buttons black and glue on the orange button nose. For the eyes, glue the black buttons onto the white and glue on the face.
4. To make the felt scarf, cut a long strip of red felt – about 3cm x 40cm (glue 2 pieces together if you need to). Make snips at each end of the scarf. Then, using green embroidery thread, sew a large running stitch along the top and bottom to decorate. Glue around the snowman’s neck.
5. To make the holly trim for his hat, cut two green leaves from felt and glue together. Glue or sew two red buttons on top for the berries. Glue the holly onto the trim of the hat.