Cricut: How to Make a Personalised Wedding Guest Book
Create a beautiful personlised wedding guest book for imminent nuptials with your Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker machine and Cricut’s Design Space app. We’ve created this design using cardstock, but you could also use adhesive vinyl… Find out more in our how-to guide.
1. Using your iPad, log on to your Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Explore Air 2™ machine.
2. Open a new project. Select ‘Image’ from the menu at the bottom of the screen and type ‘Mr and Mrs’ into the search bar, select the below design –
3. Clear the search bar and then type ‘Wreath’ and select the below design. Press the ‘Insert’ button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
4. Start by selecting the wreath, open the ‘Actions’ menu from the bottom of the screen and select the ‘Hide Contour’ function. A box will appear displaying the wreath, select each of the circles so that they become light grey (this means these elements will not be cut and will therefore be removed from the canvas). Once complete press the ‘Hide Contour’ button to collapse the menu.
5. With the wreath still selected, open up the ‘Edit’ menu from the bottom of the screen and resize the wreath to 7.5” wide, ensuring that the padlock is locked so that the shapes re-sizes proportionately.
6. Next, select the Mr & Mrs image, open the ‘Actions’ menu once more and select the ‘Hide Contour’ feature. Highlight the full stops at the end of both Mr and Mrs so that these elements of the image do not cut. Press the ‘Hide Contour’ button once complete to collapse the menu.
7. Open the ‘Edit’ menu and re-size the greeting to 5.25” wide, once again ensuring the padlock is locked so that the image re-sizes proportionately.
8. Open the ‘Text’ menu from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and select the ‘Cricut Sans’ font by searching for it in the search bar.
9. Type your chosen surname into the text box, we opted for ‘Mitchell’. Re-size as desired using the blue arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of the selection box, dragging the arrow out/in until the element is the desired size.
10. Repeat the process used in step nine, this time typing in a date, we opted for ‘18 May 2019’. Re-size as desired and position centrally underneath the couple’s surname.
11. Once happy with alignment, spacing and size, drag a selection box over the entire image. Open up the ‘Actions’ menu at the bottom of the toolbar and select the ‘Attach’ button (the design will then turn one colour).
12. Select the green ‘Make it’ button from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. You will then be taken through to the mat preview screen. Open up the mats menu by clicking on the icon in the top left-hand corner, amend the ‘Material size’ to 8.5 x 11”. Then select the green ‘Continue’ button from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
13. Follow the on-screen instructions to cut the design from a sheet of Hobbycraft A4 White Premium Cardstock.
14. Once cut, carefully remove the elements from the mat and secure to the front of an 8 x 8” scrapbook using a glue pen. Leave to dry.
This design can also be cut from Cricut’s Adhesive Vinyl, we’ve used a metallic sheet from the Adhesive Stainless Foil Sampler pack » on the below project, however you could use any colour/finish you like. When using Adhesive Vinyl make sure you have a roll of transfer tape to hand (strong grip » for glitter vinyl, standard for everything else ») to allow you to easily transfer the design to your scrapbook cover, as well as a very handy weeding tool » to help you remove all of the unwanted sections.