Cricut: How to Make a Christmas Wreath Topper Card
Creating quick and easy Christmas cards is easy when you have your trusty Cricut digital cutting machine to hand! This clean and simple wreath topper card can be made any size you like thanks to Cricut’s Design Space software. Why not create mini wreaths to adorn gift tags, or scale the project up to create a wreath for your door…
- Glue Pen »
1. Using your iPad, log on to your store’s Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Cricut Explore Air 2 machine.
2. Open a new canvas and then select ‘Image’ from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. In the search bar type ‘wreath’ and select the below design.
3. Click on the ‘X’ at the end of the search bar to clear it before typing and searching ‘Merry Christmas’, then select the below design. This will then be added to the wreath image selected in step two. Select ‘Insert’.
4. In the ‘Settings’ menu in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, make sure the metric units options is switched off, as this project uses inches.
5. Select the wreath design and re-size to 5” wide. To do this, select the ‘Edit’ menu from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and enter 5 into the width box, ensuring the padlock is locked so that the image re-sizes proportionately.
6. Open the ‘Actions’ menu from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and ‘Duplicate’ the design three times so that you have four wreaths.
7. Select the ‘Merry Christmas’ greeting and re-size to 4.5” wide. To do this, select ‘Edit’ menu from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and enter 4.5 into the width box, ensuring the padlock is locked so that the image re-sizes proportionately.
8. Insert a circle with a diameter of approximately 5.2” onto the canvas. To do this, select ‘Shapes’ menu from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and select the circle.
9. With the circle selected, open the ‘Edit’ menu and change the width dimension to 5.2”, ensuring the padlock is locked so that the image re-sizes proportionately.
10. Click on the ‘Make it’ button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
11. Swipe right to access the third mat. Open up the mats tab by clicking on the square with the number three in it, located in the top left-hand corner.
12. Amend the material size to 8.5 x 12”. This will move the wreath images over two mats.
13. Once the mats have been set up it’s then time to cut! Select ‘Continue’ from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions to cut each of the pieces using the medium cardstock setting for both materials.
14. Use the Champagne glitter cardstock to cut the ‘Merry Christmas’ greeting and the white cardstock to cut the wreath and circle elements.
15. Take a 6 x 6” kraft card blank and position the cardstock circle centrally. Draw around it with a pencil, then place to one side.
16. Run a glue pen around the drawn pencil line and start sticking on the wreath foliage pieces, you’ll need eight for the first layer, eight more for the second layer and finally eight more for the final layer, overlapping the pieces as you go. Secure the remaining wreath foliage pieces to the envelope as desired – we secured two to the front and two to the back.
17. Secure the glitter greeting centrally to the wreath using the glue pen once more.
18. Gently bend some of the leaves up to create a three-dimensional wreath design.
The design can also be replicated to make gift tags; simply adjust the size of the components to suit the size of tag you’d like to use.