3 Easy Baby Grow Fabric Painting Ideas
Want to create fun and unique clothing for your baby that you won’t find on the High Street? Then why not try fabric painting?
It’s a great way of personalising clothes, there are lots of colors of fabric paints out there, so you can pretty much do whatever design you like!
Here are three easy techniques to get you started…
1. Using a papercraft punch and a scrap piece of card, create a stencil.
2. Using a paintbrush dab your chosen fabric paint onto the baby grow through the stencil. Allow the paint to dry slightly before removing the card.
3. Repeat over the surface of the fabric until you have a pattern you are happy with.
2. The Rubber End of a Pencil
- Fabric paints
- Pencil with a rubber on the end
- Item to personalise
1. Think about the pattern you would like to produce on the baby grow before you start, then dip the rubber end of a pencil into your fabric paint (take care not to use too much as it may smudge).
2. Press the pencil onto the fabric and pull away sharply to get a clear stamp.
3. Continue until you are happy with the design.
Top Tip!… Create a variety of different tones by adding more or less fabric paint onto the rubber.
3. Create a Button Stamp
1. Using a selection of buttons of different shapes and sizes create a stamp by gluing the button onto a cork, box or even potato!
2. Cover the button with fabric paint and press it firmly onto the fabric. Pull away sharply and you will be left with a colourful transfer of the button. So simple!
3. Keep stamping until you are happy with the design.