2 Ways to Decorate a Polystyrene Bunny
Keep your Easter decor subtle this spring by opting for a classic Easter icon in simple colours. Here’s two ways to decorate your polystyrene bunny in a pretty but pared down way – with lots of texture!
Needle Felted Bunny
1. Lay pieces of the white roving over the surface of the rabbit and stab evenly into place using the Clover tool.
2. Make sure the entire surface is covered so that no polystyrene shows through. You may need to add extra layers around the paws and the ears. Leave the bottom of the bunny free of wool so that it stands flat.
Wool Wrapped Bunny
1. Starting with the bunny’s nose, choose the wool you want to cover it with – we recommend a snuggly yarn.
Before wrapping the base with wool you could first paint it with a base colour.
2. Starting at the tip of the nose, apply glue using a glue gun, and stick the wool down, wrapping it around the shape tightly, making sure the head is fully covered.
3. Continue to apply the glue and wrap the wool around the face, until it is fully covered. You may need to do this several times to get a good covering.
4. Continue to stick wool up and around the ears, and then down the body.