2 Ways to Decorate a Green Wreath
So you’ve got your green wreath base, with the intention of creating something beautiful…. but maybe you’ve got a little stuck for ideas? Here’s two ways to decorate your wreath, one very traditional, and one for the more trend-focused! Instructions by Angela Gilbert.
Skill Level: Beginners to intermediates
Time to make: 30 minutes
1. Tie the large red bow to the bottom of the green wreath and glue in place.
2. Push in the red poinsettia pic to the top of the wreath and secure in place with floral wire.
3. Then position the fir cones and red berries around the wreath in a balanced manner – secure by tying the wire around the fir cones and berries and then position in place and secure the wire around the wreath base. If necessary, glue in place to secure
Skill Level: Beginners – Intermediates
Time to Make: 2 hours, plus drying time
1. Begin by painting and glittering your mache stars. Try to vary what you use on each of the sizes, between your acrylic paint colours and glitter. Leave to dry.
2. Assemble your wreath. Start by winding your lights around the wreath, ensuring the battery pack sits at the bottom. Don’t worry if you can see it a little bit, this will get hidden with the bow later on.
3. Next, tie the big hessian bow to the bottom centre of the wreath.
4. Arrange your selection of stars around the wreath, bending the branches as needed to create balance.
5. When you are happy with your arrangement, use the glue gun to fix them in place.