Your Cricut Explore Spring Floral Wreath
Welcome spring to your home by making this stunning wreath embellished with a beautiful spring floral design made using the Cricut Explore and its online software, Design Space. Change the colours of the flowers to coordinate with your home décor theme.
Note: The term ‘Cricut Explore’ refers to all the Explore machines: Explore, Explore Air and Explore One.
1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. Search for and select the ‘Spring Wreath’ project within the ‘Spring’ category of the Make It Now projects.
2. Cut the floral images from pearl paper, positioning the Smart Dial to ‘Custom’ and selecting ‘pearl paper’.
Use the scraper tool to apply the pearl paper to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
3. Carefully remove the cut images from the cutting mat using the spatula; this will minimise the damage to the image and mat.
4. Glue each of the flowers together using hot glue as follows:
Daffodil / Poppy –Using the tab on the edge of each flower, pull it around to meet the opposite edge to form a cup shape, secure with glue. Glue two layers together. Roll the centre piece into a cylinder gluing the ends together. Glue the bottom of the cylinder to the centre of the layered flower.
Spiral Flowers – roll the flowers using the quilling tool and secure with hot glue.
Layered Flower – use the scraper tool to carefully shape the petals. Glue the layers and centre together.
Detailed assembly instructions can be found at http://content.provocraft.com/b/pdfs/res/handbooks/3dfloralhomedecorhandbook.pdf
5. Use the hot glue to secure the flowers on to the twig wreath.