Your Cricut Explore Floral Gift Box
Make an ordinary gift box extraordinary by adding intricate cut images cut in vinyl and creating a written tag using the Cricut Explore, with its on-line software, Design Space. The tag can be fully personalised by adding the recipient’s name, for a truly personalised gift box; Design Space has access to Cricut fonts as well as those stored on your system.
Note: The term Cricut Explore applies to any of the Explore machines: Explore, Explore One or Explore Air.
- Cricut Explore machine »
- Online Design Space software
- Adhesive »
1. Connect the Cricut Explore to the pc/laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account; search for and select the ‘Large Floral Gift Box’ from the ‘Paper Crafts’ category.
2. Measure the sides and lid dimensions of your gift box. Resize the images to fit the box’s dimensions: highlight the image and either dragging the bottom right corner point (the size appears in a black text box as the image is altered) or manually in the Edit window.
3. Draw and cut the tag images from white and blue cardstock, loading the pen when prompted. Cut the intricate design from vinyl.
Use the scraper tool to apply the vinyl to the cutting mat to ensure good contact and no air bubbles.
4. Carefully remove the unwanted vinyl from the cut image using the weeder tool. Use transfer tape (following the pack instructions) to apply the images where desired on the gift box.
5. Glue the tag layers together. Tie the tag on to the gift box.