Your Cricut Explore Floral Cupcake Topper
Create beautiful flowers to add to your cupcakes for a garden party or floral themed tea party. This project makes one floral cupcake topper using the Cricut Explore and its online software, Design Space. Make the flowers in colours to coordinate with your theme.
Note: The term ‘Cricut Explore’ refers to all the Explore machines: Explore, Explore Air and Explore One.
1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. Search for and select the ‘Floral Cupcake Topper’ project within the ‘Papercraft’ category of the Make It Now projects.
2. Resize the image to fit the dimensions of your cupcakes. This project creates a flower measuring 2.5” x 2.5”.
3. Cut the image from pink and green cardstock.
Use the scraper tool to apply the cardstock to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
4. Carefully remove the cut images from the cutting mat using the spatula; this will minimise the damage to the image and mat.
5. Use the scoring stylus to score vertically through the centre of each petal of the top flower layer. Slightly fold each petal, score line upwards, to give dimension.
6. Using the hot glue tool and glue sticks, glue one end of a cocktail stick to the lower half of the flower bottom layer; then glue the flower top layer on top and the leaf to the back of the flower.
7. Glue a button to the centre of the flower. Tie a bow in a short piece of twine and glue to the centre of the button.
Use the Cricut Explore to cut grass shaped cupcake wrappers to enhance the floral garden theme.