Your Cricut Explore Craft Crate
Make finding your craft resources simple by labelling their storage containers in any font using the Cricut Explore and its online software, Design Space. This craft crate project uses Cricut Vinyl to create a label for a wooden crate. Change the colours to coordinate your room’s colour theme.
Note: The term ‘Cricut Explore’ refers to all the Explore machines: Explore, Explore Air, Explore Air 2 and Explore One.
- Cricut Explore machine »
- Cricut Design Space online software on pc/Mac/iPad/iPhone
1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. Open a new project and create a text box ‘My Yarn Stash’. Select the font required: this project used Kate’s ABC-Baby Girl font.
2. Resize the font to fit the wooden crate side.
3. Cut the image from vinyl.
Use the scraper tool to apply the vinyl to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
4. Carefully remove the unwanted vinyl using the weeder tool.
5. Use transfer tape to position the vinyl wording on to the wooden crate following the instructions on the packaging.
Use the scraper tool to rub over the vinyl once positioned to ensure good contact.